Happy New Year from the DermaShotz Team!
2020 was a year unlike one we’ve ever known (certainly in our lifetime), and hopefully never experience again.
But today is the start of that new 365 page book, and it’s YOUR opportunity to write a good one!
Drinking more water… walking more… drinking less alcohol… stopping smoking… these are all common goals that we set ourselves in January… and again the following January (it always happens!). But we’re pitching 2021 as the year when we totally overhaul our skin and haircare regimes! After all, if we don’t look after them (our skin and hair that it is), who will!?
Here are a few little tips that you can adopt this year to help you achieve glowing skin and healthy hair by summer!
- Never go a day (not one) with apply sunscreen to your face. It is the single most important thing that you can do for your skin, so if you’re not already doing it. Start. Today.
- Clean those make up brushes! You wash your muslins and face cloths right? We need to clean those make up brushes just as often. Pause for a moment and just thinking about the bacteria that can develop in the bristles in between uses, not to mention the dust and make up remnants from the bottom of your make up bag. Making sure that you only use clean brushes on your skin is an important part of looking after the health of your skin.
- Organise that shelf of beauty products! Check that nothing has expired! You’ll find a symbol on your moisturisers and serums that looks like a little pot of cream with a number in it. This is the number of months that your product is ‘good’ for. After this time, the ingredients will start to spoil. You should avoid using products that you’ve had longer than this recommended time period to avoid any adverse reactions.
- Always brush your hair at the ends first, and then work your way up to the roots. After washing, use a conditioner and comb your hair through with your fingers followed by a wide toothed comb.
- Avoid using hot water on your hair. Instead use lukewarm water. Hot water on hair can have almost the same effects as using heat styling equipment.
- If it’s not something that you do religiously already, always remove your make up! Leaving mascara on overnight regularly can cause your eyelashes to become brittle and if done too many times, could make your eyelashes thinning and even falling out! Sleeping with make up on your face will mean that your skin can’t fully shed its dead cells, which can result in pores clogging and the dreaded outbreaks!