There are SO many collagen supplements and drinks to choose from… so how can you tell if the one you’ve been looking at is EFFECTIVE and VALUE FOR MONEY?
1) The first thing to look at is the TYPE of collagen in the supplement. Type I collagen makes up around 75-90% of the collagen found in your skin, hair, nails, organs, bone and ligaments. For skin, hair and nails, Type I collagen is widely considered to be the optimum type of collagen supplement to take, and there is now an abundance of research material available showing that when Type I collagen levels in the body are increased via oral supplement, there are visible improvements in the appearance of the skin, when taken over an extended period of time.
2) The source of your collagen is IMPORTANT. Collagen can come from Marine (fish), Bovine (cattle) or Porcine (pig) sources. However, Marine Collagen is absorbed up to 1.5 times more efficiently into the body, meaning it has superior bioavailability over bovine or porcine collagen. Because of its low molecular weight, it is absorbed far more easily and enters the bloodstream more rapidly.
3) The amount of collagen is KEY! A 2019 review of clinical studies found that taking 2.5–15 grams of hydrolysed collagen peptides each day is safe and effective for skin, hair, nail and joints.
EACH DERMASHOTZ SACHET CONTAINS 11g OF HYDROLYSED MARINE COLLAGEN PEPTIDES, SOURCED FROM THE WORLD’S LEADING COLLAGEN MANUFACTURER – THIS IS MARKET LEADING!
4) Be aware of collagen supplements that are suspended in liquid (water). These supplements will come in a bottle or individual sachets of ‘ready to drink’ collagen solution. Any ingredients can be substantially affected by exposure to heat, water and/or sunlight. Check the ingredients on that collagen supplement before you purchase as collagen suspended in water can actually degrade the quality (and therefore the effectiveness) of the collagen. Another thing to look for in the ingredients list are the preservatives and stabilisers that are added. Any collagen supplements that come ‘ready to drink’ will have added nasties…. preservatives and stabilisers to preserve the shelf life of the product.
DERMASHOTZ HAVE NO WATER ADDED TO THE SACHET – WE LET YOU DO THAT PART YOURSELF!. THIS ENSURES THAT THE PRODUCT ARRIVES TO YOU AT THE HIGHEST POSSIBLE QUALITY – WE ALSO DON’T BELIEVE YOU SHOULD PAY FOR WATER!
5) Look for the other ACTIVE ingredients that are added. Many other collagen supplements contain collagen and very little else.
DERMASHOTZ CONTAIN 120mg HYALURONIC ACID PER SACHET, 1g MSM, 100mg CURCUMIN, AND 100% RDI OF VITAMINS A, B6, B7, B12, C, D, E, FOLIC ACID, IROMN, ZINC, COPPER AND MAGNESIUM.
6) Hyaluronic Acid IS important! Hyaluronic Acid is a molecule that occurs naturally within our body. It is used in our joints, connective tissues and skin, and can hold up to 1000 (yes, ONE THOUSAND!) times its own weight in water! It also has this really cool ability to be able to control the moisture level within our cells (so that it they don’t hold on to too much). It can even help to draw moisture from the air, helping to keep your skin moist. Hyaluronic Acid actually ACCELERATES your body’s ability to both produce and synthesise (or use) collagen. So, when you take a supplement containing both Hyaluronic Acid and collagen you increase the efficacy of both. The DREAM TEAM!